Do you have secret single food? If you aren't single, what do you eat when you're alone? Share with me below and keep reading for my recipe.
1 serving pasta (my favorite kind is spaghetti)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small shallot, sliced into half moons
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
4 anchovy fillets (packed in oil), minced
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
1 heaping tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, oregano, basil)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season with salt and add the pasta. Cook for one minute less than instructed on the side of the box.
- While the pasta cooks, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for 3 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add the anchovies and garlic and cook, breaking the anchovies into pieces for 4-5 minutes. Take care not to brown the garlic. When the garlic and anchovies are just starting to stick to the bottom of the pan, deglaze by pouring in the wine.
- With a slotted spoon add the pasta to the saute pan with the shallot anchovy mixture. Don't drain the pasta, you'll need to use some of the water to thicken the sauce.
- Add the cheese and stir to coat. Pour in 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup of pasta water until the pasta is coated with a thick sauce. Throw in herbs, season with salt, and pepper, and toss until combined.
- Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with more parmesan and a few cracks of black pepper. Enjoy!
- Pasta, Main Dishes