Wondering what to do with all those ripe and juicy peaches you picked up from the farmers market? I suggest you make peach pie. This easy pie recipe combines classic pie dough with a fresh peach filling and traditional crumble topping. If you're new to baking or don't have time to make pie dough from scratch, pick up a raw pie dough from the frozen foods section of your local market. When it's filled and topped with homemade ingredients, no one will know that you took some help from the grocery store! Serve with a heaping scoop of ice cream. To give this dessert a taste, get the recipe now.
1 round of pie dough or uncooked store-bought pie dough
4 pounds (about 8 large) peaches, peeled and sliced into wedges
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup light-brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 sticks chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out half the dough to a 1/4-inch-thick circle, about 13 inches in diameter. Drape dough over a 9-inch pie pan, and transfer to refrigerator to chill for about 30 minutes.
- Combine the peaches, sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Pour into pie shell.
- To make the crumb topping, in a bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup light-brown sugar, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and cinnamon. Cut 1 1/2 sticks chilled unsalted butter into pieces. With your hands, work in butter pieces, until large clumps form.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping over the top of the peaches to cover. If you have extra topping, place it in a plastic baggie and freeze it to use at a later date.
- Place on foil-lined baking sheet in lower third of oven; reduce heat to 350 degrees. Bake until fruit bubbles and crust browns, 1 1/2 hours. If topping begins to brown too quickly, tent with foil. Let cool 6 hours.
- Desserts, Pies/Tarts
- North American