1 round of pie dough or uncooked store-bought pie dough
4 pounds (about 8 large) peaches, peeled and sliced into wedges
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup light-brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 sticks chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out half the dough to a 1/4-inch-thick circle, about 13 inches in diameter. Drape dough over a 9-inch pie pan, and transfer to refrigerator to chill for about 30 minutes.
- Combine the peaches, sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Pour into pie shell.
- To make the crumb topping, in a bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup light-brown sugar, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and cinnamon. Cut 1 1/2 sticks chilled unsalted butter into pieces. With your hands, work in butter pieces, until large clumps form.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping over the top of the peaches to cover. If you have extra topping, place it in a plastic baggie and freeze it to use at a later date.
- Place on foil-lined baking sheet in lower third of oven; reduce heat to 350 degrees. Bake until fruit bubbles and crust browns, 1 1/2 hours. If topping begins to brown too quickly, tent with foil. Let cool 6 hours.
- Pies/Tarts, Desserts
- North American