I love oatmeal cookies and peanut butter cookies, so I was thrilled to find a recipe that combines the two! What makes this recipe even more exciting is the addition of chocolate chips; the pairing of peanut butter and chocolate is always divine. These cookies are easy to put together and in less than a hour, you'll have a batch of fresh and scrumptious cookies. I served them with a scoop of ice cream, but a glass milk would be even better. If you love the texture of oatmeal cookies and can never get enough peanut butter and chocolate, keep reading for the recipe.
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups salted whole peanuts
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Put sugars, butter, and peanut butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low. Add oat mixture, and mix until just combined. Mix in peanuts and chocolate chips.
- Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop, drop balls of dough 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until golden brown and just set, 13 to 15 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Cookies can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature up to 2 days.
Makes 6 dozen cookies.
- Desserts, Cookies
Love to be in the kitchen? Check out the YumSugar Community, where you can share your recipes and food photography with our community!
POPSUGAR, the #1
independent media and technology company for women. Where more than 75 million women go for
original, inspirational content that feeds their passions and interests.