1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (recommended: Skippy or Jif)
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
8 peanut butter cups, such as Reese's, pulverized to a paste, plus 1 cup (7-8) peanut butter cups, chopped
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl (or mixer), cream together butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add brown sugar and pulverized peanut butter cups. Mix again until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, blending slowly until mixed; stir in vanilla.
- In 3 batches, add flour mixture on low speed until blended.
- Add chopped peanut butter cups and chocolate chunks. Mix thoroughly.
- Using your hands, make small 1-1/2-inch balls. Flatten balls, and create a crisscross pattern using tines of a fork. Bake on a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet until the cookies are just beginning to brown, about 13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and cool on the sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack. Store in airtight container.
- Cookies, Desserts
- North American