Not only is my annual pumpkin carving party about creating cool pumpkins, it's also about celebrating the flavors of Fall.
To get people in the mood to party, I'll be pouring a potent punch made from pear nectar and sparkling apple cider. It's fruity, bubbly, and refreshing — what more could you ask for in a punch?
In case people want to imbibe something other than hard alcohol, I've asked my guests to bring an assortment of seasonal ales and sparkling sodas. To check out the easy punch recipe, which would be welcome at any large event,
- 2 cups pear nectar, chilled
- 2 cups sparkling apple cider, chilled
- 2 cups seltzer, chilled
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) bourbon whiskey, such as Knob Creek
- 1 Bosc pear, unpeeled, cored, and cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
- Stir together pear nectar, cider, seltzer, and whiskey in a pitcher.
- Divide pear wedges among glasses, and pour in cocktail. Serve immediately.
- Drinks, Cocktails