Caught up in this week's frigid snowstorm? Turn to a Winter favorite that's guaranteed to bring minty, chocolaty joy to any occasion: the peppermint mocha. But instead of dropping $4 when you're in the mood for one (who wants to brave it out there, anyway?), learn to make it yourself. We promise, it's easy enough to do — no fancy machine or equipment required. Watch the video to learn how, and then get the recipe.
Look for peppermint syrup in the coffee section of your supermarket. If you can't locate it, you can make your own by combining 1/2 cup simple syrup with 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract.
- 4 teaspoons dark chocolate syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint syrup
- 1/2 cup strongly brewed coffee or espresso
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups steamed milk
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Chocolate curls, for garnish
- At the bottom of a 16-ounce mug, mix dark chocolate syrup and peppermint syrup; stir to combine. Top with 1/2 cup coffee or espresso; top with about 1 1/2 cups steamed milk (use more if necessary). Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls.
- Drinks, Coffee
- North American
- 1 drink
- Cook Time
- 15 minutes