1 store-bought pizza dough
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 hot Italian sausage, crumbled and cooked
1 cup sliced mushrooms
20 slices of pepperoni
1 cup fresh mini mozzarella balls
1 cup finely grated parmesan
2 tablespoons fresh basil, julienned
Red pepper flakes, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Place a baking sheet in the oven to warm while you assemble the pizza.
- Cut the dough in half. On a lightly floured piece of parchment paper, roll out each half of dough to the thinnest circle as possible. Ideally, you will have two 10 to 12-inch pies.
- Cover each dough with marinara sauce, spreading evenly and leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge of the pie.
- Sprinkle evenly with the shredded mozzarella. Distribute the crumbled sausage, sliced mushrooms, and pepperoni liberally and evenly on the pizzas. Dot with the fresh mozzarella balls and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Transfer to the prepared warmed baking sheet and cook for 12 to 15 minutes until the pizza is crisp and the cheese is melted.
- Top with the fresh basil and red pepper flakes and serve immediately.
- Main Dishes, Pizza