1/4 cup orange juice*
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons canola oil, more for the grill **
2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
2 teaspoon ancho chile powder
2 medium cloves garlic, minced
Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
Pinch of Kosher salt
1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes
2 medium mangoes, peeled, pitted cut into 1 inch cubes
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
8 skewers, if wooden soaked for a half hour or more
- In a medium bowl, whisk the orange juice, lime juice, oil, sugar, ancho powder, garlic, pepper flakes, and 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Add the pork, toss to coat, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- Thread the pork and mango cubes onto the skewers, alternating them and beginning and ending with a piece of pork. Each skewer should have about 5 pieces of pork and 4 pieces of mango.
- Prepare a medium gas or charcoal grill fire. Scrub the grill grate with a wire brush and then wipe clean with a paper towel dipped in oil. Cook the skewers, turning once, until the meat is browned on the outside but still slightly pink in the center, about 8 minutes.
- Serve garnished with the cilantro.
* I did not have any orange juice on hand and substituted pineapple juice instead.
**I prefer to use peanut oil on the grill as it can tolerate high heat.
- Main Dishes, BBQ