Cinco de Mayo is less than a week away, so why not get in the spirit of things with a quick taco recipe? The ingredient list calls for ground pork, but feel free to sub in ground turkey, chicken, or chorizo.
Serve the tacos family style and let your loved ones pile the tortillas with their favorite fixings. For a complete Mexican-inspired fiesta, pour margaritas and stir together a quick batch of guacamole. Want the recipe? Please read more.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Eight 6-inch flour tortillas
- One 10-ounce package frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack or cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 300°. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add half the onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the pork and paprika and cook, breaking up the meat until browned and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, place the tortillas on 2 baking sheets and warm in the oven for about 5 minutes. In a medium bowl, combine the corn, remaining onions, cilantro and lime juice. Season the salsa to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, top each warm tortilla with cheese, meat and corn salsa.
- Main Dishes, Pork