4-6 tablespoons olive oil (recommended: Bertolli Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil)
1 bunch fresh rosemary
3 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
1 lb. pork tenderloin
Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
1 lb. cherry tomatoes
1 bunch fresh thyme
6 cups arugula
1 bunch of green onions, white and light green parts only, finely chopped
3/4 cup green olives, pitted and roughly sliced on the diagonal
6 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (recommended: Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons (enough to coat the bottom of the pan) in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the rosemary bunch and garlic cloves. You want these to infuse the oil.
- Generously season the pork with salt and pepper on all sides. Add the pork to the pan, and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, turning so that all sides are browned and caramelized. Continue until the pork is cooked through to your liking, about 12-18 minutes total. Remove from the pan and let rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes. Discard the rosemary and garlic.
- Meanwhile, make the tomatoes: in another large skillet, heat the remaining 2-3 tablespoons (enough to coat the bottom of the pan) in a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add the thyme bunch and the cherry tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring and tossing the tomatoes occasionally, until the pork is finished cooking and resting.
- While the pork and tomatoes cook, make the salad: dice the avocado and place in a bowl. Squeeze with the juice of one lemon.
- In a separate bowl, combine the arugula with the green onions, olives, and feta cheese. Add the avocado and olive oil and toss gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble, slice the pork on the diagonal in 3/4-inch thick slices. Arrange on a large serving plate. Mound the salad mixture on top of the pork and place the tomatoes around the edges of the plate. Squeeze with the remaining lemon and enjoy immediately.
- Main Dishes, Pork
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern