There's something to be said for quick, easy appetizers that still pack plenty of flavor — not to mention a blend of salty and sweet — and that's exactly what Aimee3242 has created with this simple but satisfying finger food.
My boyfriend and I had a few people over for dinner last week and I needed to make something our guests could snack on while I finished cooking dinner. This dish couldn't have been easier to make and the bites were so easy to just pop in your mouth.
- 4 figs, cut into sixths
- 8 slices of prosciutto, sliced vertically into thirds
- 2 tbsp. blue cheese or gorgonzola cheese
- Aged balsamic vinegar
- 3 basil leaves, sliced thin
- Wrap a piece of prosciutto around each fig.
- Crumble some blue cheese on top of the prosciutto-wrapped figs.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar over each piece.
- Garnish with basil.