2 jalapeño chilies, roasted
2 fresno chilies, roasted
1 red pepper, roasted
1 teaspoon amber honey
1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
2 ounces mayonnaise
1 ounce whole grain mustard
5 ounces pulled pork
1/2 ounce chicken stock
2 slices brioche bread
1 ounce gouda, sliced
- To Make the Three-Pepper Relish: Roast chilies over an open flame until the skin is blistered and charred on all sides. Remove from flame, and place in a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Reserve a tablespoon of the roasted pepper juice. Remove the chilies, peel them, and remove the seeds and stem. Finely dice the chilies.
- Combine the reserved roasted pepper juice with the honey, and reduce by half until it is a syrupy consistency. Add peppers and cilantro to the syrup, and set aside.
- To Make the Whole Grain Mustard-Mayo: Combine the mayonnaise with the whole grain mustard in a bowl.
- To Assemble: Warm the pulled pork in a sauté pan with the chicken stock.
- Toast the brioche bread slices on one side. This will be the inside face of the sandwich.
- Spread mustard-mayo on the inside of one bread slice, and spread three-pepper relish on the inside of the other. Top the relish with a slice of gouda cheese, followed by the warm pulled pork and another slice of gouda. Top with the mustard-mayo slice.
- Place sandwich on a griddle, and lightly press the sandwich down. Flip when you have achieved a brown, toasted look on each side and the cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
- Sandwiches, Main Dishes
- 1 sandwich