Tired of the same old pumpkin pie and looking for something new to try this Fall? Give the hard-to-resist, lip-smackingly delicious pumpkin halva a try and get ready to be amazed!
Keep reading for the irresistible recipe.
1 small pumpkin, peeled and cubed (approximately 4 cups pumpkin)
1 1/2 cups milk
2-3 cardamom pods
3-4 one-inch pieces of cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or ghee
1/2 cup sugar
- Boil cubed pumpkin in milk.
- Add cardamom and cinnamon, and boil until pumpkin is very soft.
- Let cool a bit. Discard cardamom and cinnamon pieces.
- Puree pumpkin to a smooth silky paste.
- Add butter/ghee in a pan.
- Add pumpkin puree and sugar.
- Cook over low heat stirring constantly, scraping the pan bottom. Use a thick-bottomed or nonstick pan.
- Cook until the mixture is sticky and a mass pulls away from the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat. Let cool.
- Divide into even portions to make bite-size pieces.