It's like a crustless pumpkin pie with a classic pecan pie topping. A bourbon whipped cream is the perfect garnish to this decadent dessert. Look at the recipe here.
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for baking dish
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree (not pie mix)
1 cup heavy cream
4 large eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar, divided
1 tablespoon bourbon, optional
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
1/8 teaspoon table salt
1 1/2 cups roughly chopped pecans
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Bourbon Whipped Cream, recipe follows
Ice cream, optional
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F and arrange a rack in the middle. Coat an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter and set aside.
- Combine the pumpkin, cream, eggs, sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, bourbon, if using, ginger, nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Whisk until evenly combined and pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and add to a medium bowl. Stir in the pecans, flour, and the remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/8 teaspoon salt and mix until it holds together somewhat but still crumbles.
- Scatter the topping over the pumpkin mixture and bake until the edges are puffed and the filling is set in the center, about 55 to 60 minutes. Remove to a rack to cool to room temperature. Serve with the Bourbon Whipped Cream and/or ice cream.
Bourbon Whipped Cream:
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon bourbon
- Add the heavy cream to a medium bowl. Beat the cream with a handheld mixer until thick and frothy.
- Add the sugar and bourbon and beat until medium peaks form.
- Desserts, Other
- North American