1 cup fresh cranberries
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons water
1/2 an 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup frozen cranberry juice concentrate, thawed
1 16-oz. can whole cranberry sauce
1-1/2 cups whipping cream
- In a medium skillet combine fresh cranberries, sugar, and the water. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and cranberries just begin to pop. Remove from heat. Cover and chill until serving time.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat in sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Slowly add cranberry concentrate, beating until very smooth. In a small bowl stir the whole cranberry sauce to remove any large lumps; set aside.
- In a chilled large mixing bowl beat whipping cream with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until soft peaks form. Fold about half the cranberry sauce and half the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until combined. Fold in the remaining cranberry sauce and whipped cream.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours (stir before serving if chilled). To serve, spoon fluff into a large serving bowl, 24 chilled demitasse cups, or 12 chilled small dessert dishes. Spoon sweetened cranberries on top just before serving.
Makes 24 (1/4-cup) servings or 12 (1/2-cup) servings.
- Puddings/Mousse, Desserts