Technically risotto is a slow cooked, creamy Italian rice dish that involves roughly 20 minutes of constant stirring. However if you are in a rush and need a quick fix dinner, a scrumptious risotto-made with instant white rice is the ideal recipe. With boneless, skinless chicken breasts, a hefty amount of baby spinach, and a sprinkling of cherry tomatoes this recipe is a complete no brainer. No time consuming stirring yet all of the tasty goodness of a classic Italian dish. This would even work wonderfully for an impromptu dinner party-your guests will think you spent hours slaving over the stove when really the meal was made in mere minutes. If you are a beginner, new to cooking, I encourage you to give this recipe a whirl before you make the more lengthy original version. For the recipe, read more
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
4 cups baby spinach leaves, washed, dried
1-1/2 cups instant white rice, uncooked
1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
1 can (10-1/2 oz.) condensed chicken broth
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat oil in large deep nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- Add chicken; cook 10 min. or until chicken is cooked through, stirring frequently.
- Add spinach, rice, tomatoes, broth and water; mix well.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 5 min., stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese.