To achieve a smooth hummus, pinch each chickpea to remove the papery skin. Discard the skins.
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 heaping tablespoons tahini 
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Pita or naan bread, for dipping
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine chickpeas, tahini, pepper flakes, cumin, coriander, garlic, and lemon juice. While processing, drizzle in olive oil, and grind until a smooth paste forms. Salt to taste.
- Transfer to a small bowl. Top with more olive oil and red pepper flakes. Serve with bread for dipping.
- Snacks, Dips
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
- 4 servings