- 6 cups assorted trimmed baby vegetables (such as halved fingerling and purple potatoes, baby carrots, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, pearl onions, pattypan squash, and/or strips of large vegetables like bell peppers)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Champagne vinegar
- 4 small bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Steam all vegetables until potatoes are tender, about 8 minutes. Transfer to large bowl. If including pearl onions, pinch the onions on the root end until the skin slips right off; discard the skins.
- Let marinate at least 15 minutes, tossing occasionally. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Meanwhile, bring remaining ingredients to boil in medium saucepan, whisking until salt dissolves. Pour over all vegetables.
- Vegetables, Side Dishes
- North American