- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 1 serrano pepper, thinly sliced, leave seeds for extra spice
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups raspberry, pureed (about 2 small containers)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound of chicken leg and thighs
- In a large saucepan, warm the oil, over low heat, until hot and shimmering. Toast the cumin seeds; be cautious as the oil can splatter.
- Once the splattering stops, add the onions and serrano and a little salt, to taste. Saute until they soften but don't let them get any color. Add the rest of the sauce ingredients. Simmer about 10-15 minutes until it has thickened.
- Heat the BBQ to medium. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken on the BBQ and cook for 20-30 minutes, depending on the size. Before flipping, brush with a little bit of the BBQ sauce. Flip the chicken and cook for another 10-15 minutes. Brush other side with sauce and flip one last time for just a couple minutes to caramelize. Be sure to cook until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Main Dishes, BBQ