At any sort of celebration, it's always nice to start things off with a special cocktail. Easter is no different. It gives guests something to do, stimulates conversation, and loosens up the crowd.
The appetizer is rich and buttery, so select a potent and refreshing cocktail, like this raspberry-thyme smash, to pair with it. The drink is herbal, fruity, and downright delicious.
Although the recipe calls for gin, I'm sure it would be equally delightful with vodka. For the easy method, keep reading.
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs, divided
- 7 fresh raspberries, divided
- ice cubes
- 1/4 cup Hendrick's Gin
- 2 tablespoons Simple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Remove leaves from 1 thyme sprig; place in cocktail shaker. Add 6 berries; mash with muddler or wooden spoon.
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice; add gin, Simple Syrup, and lime juice. Cover; shake vigorously until cold. Strain into highball glass filled with ice. Thread 1 raspberry onto remaining thyme sprig; place on rim of glass.
Makes 1 drink.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- North American