- 1 bunch of thick asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 ounces manchego cheese, shaved
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the asparagus into long, thin strips and transfer to a large bowl. Add the arugula and parsley. Gently toss to combine.
- In a small jar, combine the lemon juice with the olive oil, mustard, salt, and pepper; shake to emulsify. Add to the bowl with the asparagus and toss to combine.
- Add the shaved cheese and very gently toss. Enjoy immediately.
- Vegetables, Salads
- North American