This weekend TeamSugar member wiciltd wanted some help coming up with appetizer ideas. We pointed her to some of the appetizer recipes we've used on the site - including buffalo chicken wings, mini hot dogs & hamburgers, and savory bacon bites. But we wanted to know, do you have any great advice for wiciltd? What appetizers would you make?
For the Savory Bacon Bites recipe,
8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
1/2 sweet onion, minced
1/2 cup mayonnaise
4 oz. Swiss cheese, shredded
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 16-ounce can refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough (regular size)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease 2 mini muffin pans with butter or olive oil.
- Mix bacon, tomato, onion, cheese, mayonnaise and basil.
- Separate biscuits in half horizontally and press each half into muffin tin.
- Fill with bacon mixture. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Only have one pan? Just repeat and bake.
Makes 24 bites.