Looking for something sweet to cook up this weekend? Then be sure to check out what TeamSugar member sue85 posted in the Kitchen Goddess group. She found a recipe for a melt-in-your-mouth peanut butter fudge, and served it up with grated white chocolate and strawberries. To find out how she did it, get the recipe, just
Submitted by TeamSugar member sue85
2 tablespoons butter, softened
3 2/3 cups powdered sugar, sifted (I reduced to 3 cups)
1/2 cup butter (one whole stick, solid)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup walnut (optional)
1) With two tablespoons of softened butter (not melted), use clean bare hands to grease a 9-x-13-inch glass cake pan. Make sure to completely and evenly coat the pan.
2) Place the following ingredients in an extra large microwavable glass mixing bowl in the order listed: powdered sugar, butter, cocoa, peanut butter, and milk. Do not toss or mix. (Note: It is important to ensure there are no clumps in the powdered sugar, as you do not want unsightly white clumps throughout your smooth fudge.).
3) Microwave on high for 2 1/2 minutes.
4) Remove from microwave with oven mitts and add vanilla.
5) With a hand-held mixer, beat at medium-high speed until smooth.
6) If desired, stir in walnuts.
7) With a rubber spatula, turn out into previously greased cake pan and spread evenly.
8) Chill for 1 hour or until solid.
9) Cut into squares.
10) Store refrigerated for up to two weeks (that is if it makes it that long!). — ours only barely made it 2 days!
To serve, I grated some white chocolate and sprinkled it over the fudge, and served with strawberries on the side. Enjoy!
- Other, Desserts