2 tablespoons butter, softened
3 2/3 cups powdered sugar, sifted (I reduced to 3 cups)
1/2 cup butter (one whole stick, solid)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup walnut (optional)
This fudge is amazing and (very) sinful. It literally melts in your mouth and is really easy to make. I made one or two changes to the original, noted below. The next time I make this I would probably reduce the sugar further to 2.5 cups (it was a bit too sweet for my taste), and increase the cocoa powder and peanut butter to 3/4 cups each.
1) With two tablespoons of softened butter (not melted), use clean bare hands to grease a 9-x-13-inch glass cake pan. Make sure to completely and evenly coat the pan.
2) Place the following ingredients in an extra large microwavable glass mixing bowl in the order listed: powdered sugar, butter, cocoa, peanut butter, and milk. Do not toss or mix. (Note: It is important to ensure there are no clumps in the powdered sugar, as you do not want unsightly white clumps throughout your smooth fudge.).
3) Microwave on high for 2 1/2 minutes.
4) Remove from microwave with oven mitts and add vanilla.
5) With a hand-held mixer, beat at medium-high speed until smooth.
6) If desired, stir in walnuts.
7) With a rubber spatula, turn out into previously greased cake pan and spread evenly.
8) Chill for 1 hour or until solid.
9) Cut into squares.
10) Store refrigerated for up to two weeks (that is if it makes it that long!). — ours only barely made it 2 days!
To serve, I grated some white chocolate and sprinkled it over the fudge, and served with strawberries on the side. Enjoy!
- Other, Desserts