Yesterday, I posted a link for hazelnut blondies, they looked great and were especially timely because today is World Nutella Day. It seems that I was not the only one who thought they looked good. Less than 24 hours later, TeamSugar member Twinkle, took the recipe and made it her own. If you like what you see then hurry up and act now! There's still a few hours left in World Nutella Day!
To see the recipe,
From TeamSugar member Twinkle
Yum posted a link to this fabulous recipe for Hazelnut Blondies yesterday and I jumped at the opportunity to bake something using my beloved Nutella and my Homemade Vanilla Extract :shamelesspimping:
The original recipe comes from Martha Stewart Living and goes a little something like this . . .
Makes about 2 dozen
* 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, plus more for pan
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 tsp. baking powder
* 1 tsp. salt
* 1 3/4 cups packed light-brown sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
* 1/3 cup hazelnuts, toasted, skins rubbed off with a kitchen towel, and chopped
* 1 heaping tbsp. chocolate-hazelnut spread, such as Nutella, plus more for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Butter an 8-by-11-inch baking pan. Line with parchment paper. Butter parchment.
2. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Melt butter. Beat butter and sugar until combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add flour mixture, and stir until combined. Stir in hazelnuts and Nutella.
4. Press dough into pan. Bake until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs, about 25 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes. Cut into squares. Serve with additional Nutella. Blondies can be stored in an airtight container up to 2 days.
The hardest thing about this amazingly simple recipe was not setting off the smoke detector whilst toasting the hazelnuts.