1 1/2 cups toasted pecan pieces*
1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1. Place nuts in food processor container; cover. Process by pulsing with on/off action until paste forms (will appear grainy).
2. Add butter, sugars, baking soda, and baking powder; process until just combined. Add egg and vanilla; process until just combined. Add flour. Process by pulsing until just combined. Transfer to large bowl. Cover; refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour or until firm
3. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
4. Shape dough into 1 inch balls (or cookie scooper of your choice; Makes lovely mini cookies, too). Roll in additional granulated sugar. Place about 2 inches apart, on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with bottom of glass. I dip the glass in sugar in between each cookie to prevent sticking and for extra sugar sparkle.
5. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets. Cool on wire racks. Makes approximately 48 cookies.
- Desserts, Cookies