I was checking out all the great recipes over on TeamSugar and came across this gorgeous roasted salmon with cucumber, tomato & dill salad posted by friedwonton. It looks perfect for a light summer meal, and I love how all the color jumps off the plate. Speaking of plate, she's even included plating directions in her recipe! To check it out,
This recipe was submitted by TeamSugar member friedwonton:
1/4 lb of salmon filet
1/2 tomato (you can also use grape or cherry tomatoes as well)
1/4 of a small red onion
spring mix greens
kosher or sea salt
Cucumber Tomato Dill Salad
1) Cut the red onion in medium thick slices.
2) Cut the tomato into 4 wedges. If you are using grape or cherry tomatoes, cut them in halves.
3) Cut the cucumber in half and then at an angle.
4) In a large bowl, add a splash of white vinegar and a drizzle of olive oil. Mix well.
I do not measure the amount of vinegar and olive oil I use, but always start with a small amount and then slowly increas the ingredients depending on your taste level.
5) Add a pinch of salt to taste. Mix well.
6) Add the fresh dill.
7) Placed the onion slices, tomatoes, and cucumber into the bowl. Coat well.
8 ) Place the salad aside in the refrigerator.
This salad can be made the day before and actually taste a lot better as it gets the chance to marinate.
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Don't feel like heating up the big kitchen oven? You can roast the salmon in a toaster over (as I did for the picture above), cook it on the grill, or on the stove.
2) With a zester, zest half of the lemon. Set aside.
3) After zesting, cut the lemon in half.
4) Cut medium thick slices of the half lemon. Set aside
5) Drizzle and rub olive oil on the salmon.
6) Salt and pepper it all over.
7) Create a little bed of lemon slices on the roasting pan for the salmon.
8 ) Place in the oven.
For a 1/4 lb of salmon it will usually takes 12 to 15 minutes, depending how well you like your salmon to be cooked.
1) Place the salmon with the bed of lemon on one side of the plate.
2) Lightly squeeze a little bit of lemon juice on the salmon.
3) Garnish with lemon zest and a slice of lemon on top.
4) Place the spring mix greens next to the salmon.
5) Top the bed of spring mix with the cucumber tomato dill salad.