Signature dishes spoke volumes on last night's episode of Top Chef Masters. We kicked off the champions round as the previous episodes' winners — Art Smith, Suzanne Tracht, Rick Bayless, Anita Lo, Michael Chiarello, and Hubert Keller —each returned to make a play at the master title.
Are you still watching? Thankful for the return of episode-by-episode elimination, now that the tournament-style part of the show is over? Then let's discuss when you
- Did you love watching the masters in the mise en place relay race? Were you surprised by their skills?
- Which chef's signature dish would you rather eat? Whose would you rather reinvent?
- Would you rather see the chefs cook for other chefs or for critics?
- Seriously, who is funnier: Rick Bayless or Art Smith?
- Did you agree that Art Smith's burger looked "terrifying"? How would you have cooked the burger and egg differently?
- Did you like the more radical reinventions or the chefs who stayed truer to the dish?