After roughing it while camping last week, this time around we saw the cheftestants get magical. Again. Oh wait, I'm confusing this challenge with one we saw on Top Chef Masters! The chefs deconstructed classic dishes like clam chowder and pot roast. Penn & Teller guest starred, while Michelle Bernstein was the guest judge. Did you watch? Do you say pie-eh-ya or pie-elle-a? Want to discuss in detail? Read more.
- How cute was it that they all wore red scarves in support of Mattin? (Also, how many scarves did he have and where on earth did he buy them?!)
- Why do the contestants always want to cook with fish (like scallops, ceviche, etc.)? Several made scallops two ways for the quickfire!
- Did Robin win the quickfire because she mentioned having cancer?
- How do you think Bravo selects the dishes the cheftestants have to re-create?
- Do you know what Eggs Florentine is?
- If you have immunity, are you free to ignore the challenge and make whatever you want?
- Does being a good chef mean you should know how to deconstruct food?
- Were you happy or annoyed to see the return of Toby Young? I feel the same way I did last season. I miss Gail!
- Unrelated burning question: Does anyone know why Teller does not talk?
- Who should be kicked off next?
Got any other discussion points? Share your thoughts on Top Chef below.
Photo courtesy of Bravo