- 1-1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch carrots with tops still on, sliced (2 cups)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and cubed
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 4 cups vegetable stock 
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and cubed (1 cup)
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add carrots, red bell pepper, potatoes, and garlic until fragrant and slightly soft, about five minutes, stirring frequently to prevent garlic from browning.
- Add in curry powder, and sauté about 1-2 minutes, or until very fragrant.
- Pour in vegetable stock, being sure to scrape up all the fond  off the bottom of the pan; stir in water.
- Let simmer, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are fork-tender, about 45 minutes.
Transfer carefully to a blender, and process until silky smooth, about 2 minutes. Serve warm, and garnish with a carrot top frond.
- Soups/Stews, Bisque