- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for greasing
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut, toasted, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 5 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, very finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dulce de leche, warmed (available in the dessert-topping section)
- 1 quart coconut ice cream
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with butter.
- Pulse the flour, 1/4 cup coconut, brown sugar and salt in a food processor until combined. Add the cold butter and pulse until the mixture resembles wet sand with pea-sized pieces, about 5 times. Put 1 heaping tablespoon of the mixture in each muffin cup and press to make even rounds. Bake until the crusts are golden, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate evenly over each crust. Turn off the oven; return the pan to the oven to melt the chocolate, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle each crust with 1 tablespoon of the remaining coconut. Cool slightly, then freeze crusts in the pan until set, about 15 minutes.
- With a thin spatula, gently remove each crust from the muffin pan. Top with a small scoop of coconut ice cream, drizzle with dulce de leche and garnish with more coconut.
Makes 12 servings.
- Other, Desserts
- North American