- 4 quarts apple juice or cider
- 1/2 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 24 whole cloves
- 16 whole allspice
- 8 2-inch cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole nutmegs, cracked
- 1 to 2 cups golden rum
- Lemon peel and/or other garnish of your choosing
- In a large saucepan, combine apple juice or cider, brown sugar, whole cloves, whole allspice, cinnamon sticks, and nutmegs.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat, cool, then refrigerate several hours.
- To serve: strain into punch bowl. Stir in 1 to 2 cups golden rum, according to taste. Garnish with thin strips of lemon peel. Note: mulled rum punch can be reheated after straining and adding rum if you wish to serve it hot.
Makes 24 (6 ounce) glasses.
- Drinks, Punch