Like every holiday, your Easter dinner (or brunch) should start off with a signature cocktail. A drink that uses sparkling wine is especially celebratory.
I plan on serving this concoction entitled peach and Prosecco ice. The pretty cocktail is similar to the classic bellini, but since peaches aren't in season it calls for frozen sliced peaches. It's festive, fruity, and light. The subtly sweet peach flavor will complement the freshness of the pea and mint appetizer.
To look at the easy recipe, which can be made in advance,
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup hot water
1/4 cup orange juice
1 16-ounce bag frozen sliced peaches, thawed, juices reserved
1 bottle plus 1 cup chilled Prosecco or other sparkling white wine
- Stir first 3 ingredients in medium bowl until sugar dissolves.
- Blend peaches and reserved peach juices in processor until peaches are finely chopped. With machine running, gradually pour in sugar syrup; process until smooth.
- Add Prosecco and blend well. Transfer mixture to container.
- Cover and freeze until firm, at least 3 hours. Can be made 2 days ahead. Keep frozen.
- To serve scoop a generous spoonful into a champagne flute and top with sparkling wine.
Makes about 4 cups.
- Drinks, Cocktails