While some parties — like a bedazzle bonanza — require nothing more than a neverending flow of bubbly, others — like a Latin-themed engagement — scream signature cocktail. When selecting a signature cocktail, be it for your engagement or wedding, it's best to choose a drink that's easy to make in batches, matches your theme, and represents your personality as a couple.
When I was planning Ronda and James's engagement, sangria was the first drink that popped into my head. However, I came across this recipe for pomelo-mint mojitos. Although it makes one drink, I will increase the proportions to make a big pitcher.
To look at the refreshing recipe,
- 4 peeled sections of pomelo or grapefruit, chopped
- 6 mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate or orange sorbet
- 1 1/2 ounces white rum
- Club soda
- 1 lime wedge
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the pomelo with the mint and orange juice concentrate.
- Add the rum and ice and shake well.
- Pour into a highball glass. Top with club soda and garnish with the lime wedge.
Makes 1 drink.
- Drinks, Cocktails