- 4 slices pumpkin bread
- 4 tablespoons apple-cranberry chutney*
- 1/4 cup of pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- In an oven, toaster oven, or on the stove, toast the pecans until they are lightly browned.
- Place four slices of bread on a work surface. On two of the slices, spread two tablespoons apple-cranberry chutney, then top with half the pecans, followed by the shredded carrots.
- On each of the other two slices, spread two tablespoons cream cheese.
- Place the cream cheese slice down onto the carrots and press gently. Cut in half to serve.
Makes 2 sandwiches.
*You can substitute cranberry sauce or relish.
- Other, Desserts
- North American