- 6 (6-inch) unsalted matzos
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 medium onions, halved lengthwise, then cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-wide strips
- 2 red bell peppers, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-wide strips
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Break matzos into roughly 1-inch pieces into a colander, then rinse under hot tap water until pieces are softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Lightly beat eggs with salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon dill in a large bowl and stir in matzos until coated well.
- Cook onions and peppers in oil in a 12-inch heavy nonstick skillet over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until they begin to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Add matzo mixture, then increase heat to moderately high and sauté, stirring frequently and breaking up clumps, until matzos are well browned, about 17 minutes. Season with salt, then sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tablespoon dill.
Serves 4 as a main dish or 8 as a side dish.
- Eggs, Breakfast/Brunch