Before you serve this recipe, be sure to consult your vet and find out if the ingredients are appropriate for your pooch. Does this menu sound interesting? Get the recipes now.
3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 lemon cut into quarters
4 pounds large shrimp in the shell (16 to 20 shrimp per pound)
2 cups good mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons white wine or white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
6 tablespoons minced fresh dill
1 cup minced red onion (1 onion)
3 cups minced celery (6 stalks)
1 cup of fresh or frozen peas
- Bring 5 quarts of water, 3 tablespoons salt, and the lemon to a boil in a large saucepan. Add half the shrimp and reduce the heat to medium. Cook uncovered for only 3 minutes or until the shrimp are barely cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl of cold water. Bring the water back to a boil and repeat with the remaining shrimp. Let cool; then peel, and devein the shrimp.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, wine or vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and dill. Combine with the peeled shrimp.
- Add the red onion, celery, peas, and check the seasonings. Serve or cover and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Seafood, Salads
- North American
1 1/2 pounds ground chuck (20% fat)
4 1-inch cubes sharp white cheddar cheese, each halved
8 soft dinner rolls, split
your favorite burger accompaniments, for serving
- Divide meat into 8 equal pieces. Shape into balls. Press 1 cheese piece into center of 1 meatball and enclose cheese in meat. Flatten to 2 1/2- to 3-inch-diameter patty. Repeat to form 7 more patties. Sprinkle both sides of patties with salt and pepper.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high to high heat). Grill patties until cooked to desired doneness and cheese centers soften, about 5 minutes per side for medium.
- If desired, grill cut side of rolls until toasted, about 1 minute. Transfer patties to rolls; let rest 5 minutes.
- Lamb , Main Dishes
1/2 pound ground lamb or chicken
1/2 cup cooked white or brown rice
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Pinch of allspice
½ teaspoon salt
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
4 small round dinner rolls, split
- Combine the meat, rice, yogurt, cumin, allspice and salt in a medium bowl. Form 4 patties and drizzle each on 1 side with olive oil.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook the patties, olive oil side down, for 3 to 4 minutes per side for well done but still juicy.
- Place the burgers on the rolls, chop into pieces and serve.
- Main Dishes, Other