If you're using regular marshmallows (versus mini), then quarter them before adding to the butter for easier melting.
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick, or 4 ounces) unsalted butter
- 1 10-ounce bag minimarshmallows
- Heaping 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cups (6 ounces) Rice Krispies cereal
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Melt the butter over medium-low heat in a large pot. Add the marshmallows and salt, and stir until the marshmallows are melted and the mixture is uniformly smooth. Remove from heat, and gently fold in the Rice Krispies.
- Transfer the cereal mixture to the greased pan. Using a piece of waxed or parchment paper, gently press down to make an even layer.
- Allow to cool completely, and then cut into 16 squares.
- Desserts, Cookies
- North American
- 16 Rice Krispies treats