Last week my sister and I had a delicious beet and wheat berry salad at A16 restaurant . While we were munching on the juicy beets and pop in your mouth berries, she wondered how she could prepare beets in a similar manner at home. Well, Patricia — and anyone else who wants to know how to make beets — here's what you do:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Trim the top and stems off the beets.
- Place the beets in a small baking dish and add 1/4 inch water (or you could use fresh orange juice for more flavor).
- Cover with foil and roast for 35-50 minutes, or until the beets are tender (like a baked potato).
- Cool slightly. Working quickly and using your fingers, peel off the skin and discard.
- Slice into wedges or chunks. Voila! The beets are ready for salad.
What's your favorite way to enjoy beets?