Do not flip the brussels sprouts — that way they achieve that beautiful charred color — but feel free to do so halfway through the baking time if they begin to color too fast.
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or other high-heat oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, more or less, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss brussels sprouts, peanut oil, red pepper flakes, and salt until evenly coated.
- Scatter brussels sprouts around lined baking sheet, and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until vegetables are soft and golden on the edges.
- Vegetables, Side Dishes
- 3 servings
- Cook Time
- 45 minutes