1 cup rum
3 cups cola
1 1/3 cups tomato ketchup
1-2 dashes of Tabasco sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 racks of pork ribs
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl, then place the ribs in a nonreactive dish and cover with the marinade. Refrigerate overnight.
- Set up the outdoor grill for indirect-heat cooking over medium-low heat, leaving half of the fire bed free of coals.
- Place the ribs in a heavy roasting pan and place on the cool part of the grill. Cover the grill and cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, basting the ribs every 20 minutes with the marinade.
- Add more coals to the fire or turn up the burner so the grill is medium hot. Remove the ribs from the pan and place directly on the grill great. Cook 5 minutes on each side, or until caramelized and lightly charred.
- While the ribs are cooking, place some of the marinade in a saucepan on the grill, bring to a boil and reduce by half to serve as a sauce with the ribs.
- BBQ, Main Dishes
- North American