To start your weekend with this dish, get the recipe after the jump.
3/4 cup oil-packed dried tomato halves with Italian herbs (3 oz.)
1 12-inch round flat-top rosemary or garlic focaccia
8 oz. bulk Italian sausage
1 4-oz. pkg. baby spinach (4 cups)
2 oz. goat cheese (chévre) or feta cheese
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F. Drain tomatoes, reserving oil. Place focaccia on large baking sheet and brush with 2 teaspoons of the oil. Cut in 8 wedges. Arrange wedges in circle. Place in oven to warm.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet cook sausage over medium-high heat, breaking up with a wooden spoon. Drain sausage in a colander, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings in skillet.
- Cook spinach in drippings just until wilted.
- Set oven to Broil. Top warmed focaccia with cheese, dried tomatoes, sausage, and spinach.
- Broil, 4 to 5 inches from heat, for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is softened and toppings are heated through. Drizzle wedges with additional oil from tomatoes (optional).
- Pizza, Main Dishes