2/3 to 3/4 cup chili sauce
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
2 tablespoons lemon juice, about 1/2 lemon
1 tablespoon hot sauce, eyeball it
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon celery seed, 1/3 palmful
1 rib celery from heart with leafy tops, finely chopped
Coarsely ground black pepper
16 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
A small handful parsley, finely chopped
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a bowl, and season with pepper, to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a grill pan or grill to medium-high.
- Dress the shrimp with extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, to taste, and smoked paprika.
- Skewer the shrimp onto metal skewers, to ease in turning them, and grill until the shrimp are opaque and firm, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Pile the shrimp on a serving platter, and drizzle with the sauce or pass the sauce at the table.
- Seafood, Appetizers
- North American