- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 250 ml (about 1 cup) dessert wine (I used a sweet Riesling)
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rose water
- 4 ounces lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, wine and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan, stir over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves.
- Add raspberries and vanilla bring to the simmer. Cook until thick and syrupy (15-20 minutes), brushing sides of pan occasionally with a wet pastry brush if sugar crystals form.
- Remove from heat, then stir in lime juice and rose water. Strain through a fine sieve, if desired, then transfer to sterilised bottles and refrigerate until cold. The syrup will keep refrigerated for up to 2 months.
Makes about 3 cups. Serve with sorbet, ice cream, fresh fruit, or in mixed drinks.
- Other, Condiments/Sauces