When I thought about the finish to a movie night in the park, s'mores immediately came to mind. However, proper s'mores involve a campfire, which is definitely not allowed in the park for movie night. Then I considered s'mores cupcakes, but without a cupcake carrier, the miniature cakes are hard to transport. I was just about to give up on the idea when I came across this recipe for s'mores cookies! The base of the cookie is a mixture of rolled oats and whole wheat flour. This is topped with a chocolate square and a large marshmallow. What a clever recipe, right? It's perfect for the park, the beach, the lake, or even a lunch box, so get the easy recipe now.
1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
1 cup whole-wheat flour (spooned and leveled)
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup light-brown sugar
1 large egg
8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, cut into 30 squares
15 large marshmallows, halved horizontally
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse oats until finely ground. Add flours, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; pulse to combine.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, scraping down side of bowl. With mixer on low, beat in flour mixture just until combined.
- Drop dough by tablespoons, 1 inch apart, onto two baking sheets. Top each with a chocolate square. Bake just until lightly golden, 11 to 13 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through.
- Remove sheets from oven; heat broiler. Top each cookie with a marshmallow. One sheet at a time, broil until marshmallows are lightly browned, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.
- Desserts, Cookies
- North American