5 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced leeks, white parts only
5 tbsp. all-purpose flour
6 cups chicken broth
5 cups fresh or frozen peas
3/4 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
croutons, optional for garnish
- Heat butter in Dutch oven or large pot over medium high heat.
- Add leeks; saute until soft, 4-5 minutes.
- Add flour, stirring until dissolved. Add broth; bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Stir in peas; reduce heat and simmer, 10-15 minutes.
- Using a handheld blender, puree. Stir in cream; season with salt and pepper. Garnish with croutons, if desired and serve.
- Other, Soups/Stews
- North American