1 lb large, peeled deveined shrimp
3 finely chopped garlic cloves
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons paprika
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon cayenne (less if you want it milder)
Juice of a lemon
- Salt the shrimp well and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes, then add the garlic. Turn the heat down to medium and saute the garlic for 1-3 minutes — don't let it burn.
- Add all the ground spices and stir well to combine. Cook this, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to high and add the shrimp. Stir to combine and cook, stirring constantly, until the shrimp turn pink. This shouldn't take more than 4-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the lemon juice and toss to combine. Serve at once.
- Appetizers, Seafood
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern