- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves sliced garlic
- 1 medium red onion, small dice
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon picked oregano
- 1 28-ounce can San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 bottle light beer (recommended: Pilsner Urquell )
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- ½ cup buttermilk blue cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a four-quart pot over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the onions and a three-fingered pinch of salt and sweat for two minutes. Add the garlic and continue to sweat for two more minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and beer and bring to simmer.
- Add the cream, sriracha sauce, and oregano and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender and add the blue cheese and blend until smooth, or add the blue cheese and with a hand blender, blend until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh strainer or chinois into a clean pot. Taste adjust the seasoning if necessary and reheat to serve.
- Soups/Stews, Cream