- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 16 ounces marinated artichokes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Two 10-ounce packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- tortilla chips, crostini, or pita chips, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the chopped onion and garlic and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the artichokes and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned in spots, about 5 minutes.
- Add the white wine and cook until nearly evaporated. Add the spinach and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the cream cheese, Parmigiano-Reggiano and lemon zest and season with Tabasco. Cook, stirring, until the dip is creamy, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and serve warm or at room temperature with the chips or crostini.
Make Ahead: The dip can be refrigerated overnight. Serve the dip at room temperature.
- Dips, Appetizers
- North American