1/2 cup orzo
4 cups spinach, thinly sliced
10 medium radishes, quartered
1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
1/2 red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
1/4 cup pitted oil-cured olives, chopped
1/2 cup packed fresh mint, chopped
1/2 cup packed fresh parsley, chopped
1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground pepper
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the broiler. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water and shake dry.
- Meanwhile, toss the spinach, radishes, cucumber, onion, olives, mint, parsley and 1/3 cup each lemon juice and olive oil in a large bowl. Add the orzo and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the shrimp with the remaining 2 tablespoons each lemon juice and olive oil in a bowl. Arrange on a foil-lined broiler pan and broil until slightly pink, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn and broil until just cooked through, 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Divide the salad among plates. Top with the shrimp, sprinkle with the feta and season with pepper.
- Salads, Main Dishes
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern